The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International promotes professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education.
Who are we?
Iota Phi is the Moorpark Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma Society International located in Moorpark, California. We are approximately 60 miles northwest of Los Angeles and in Ventura County.
Our history began on February 15, 1995. We began with 12 chartered members and today nine of our originals are still with us.
Iota Phi holds true to our DKG purposes and believe in challenging our members. As you read our newsletters and take a "bird's eye" view of our meetings through our Smileboxes (pictures) you will see how exciting and motivating our meetings are. We invite you back each month for an update to what we are doing.
Area VIII Conference March 3, 2018
The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International has seven basic Purposes which govern its program of work and study.
1. To unite women educators of the world in a genuine spiritual fellowship;
2. To honor women who have given or who evidence a potential for distinctive service in any field of education;
3. To advance the professional interest and position of women in education;
4. To initiate, endorse and support desirable legislation or other suitable endeavors in the interests of education and of women educators;
5. To endow scholarships to aid outstanding women educators in pursuing graduate study and to grant fellowships to non-member women educators;
6. To stimulate the personal and professional growth of members and to encourage their participation in appropriate programs of action;
7. To inform the members of current economic, social, political and educational issues so that they may participate effectively in a world society.
International Vision: Leading Women Educators Impacting Education Worldwide
Delta Kappa Gamma Society
DKG California Vision:
Revised last 11-3-17